National Help Line for Substance Abuse
The 12-step self-help groups are one of the most effective ways achieve and maintain sobriety.
Long Island Consultation Center (LICC) is a comprehensive outpatient alcohol and drug treatment program licensed by the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).
We are OASAS-licensed provider of Clinical Screening and Assessment Services for the Impaired Driving Offender.
We believe that addiction in its various forms — alcoholism, drug addiction, gambling, food, and other compulsive behaviors — is a disease, a medical illness. Our treatment model targets the primary symptom — active use despite persistent harm and relapses during recovery.
The danger is high that the untreated alcoholic and the addict will continue to use despite the harm it creates in the user’s health damaging relationship to family, friends and significant other, destroying vocational and educational goals, and possible incarceration and other complications with the criminal justice system.
Alcoholism, drug addiction, and other addictive illnesses not only affect the individual but also their families and friends. Our holistic approach to treatment of alcoholism and addiction combines 12-step self-help group philosophy and harm reduction model to increase self-awareness and motivation to change.
Our goal is to provide effective, comprehensive treatment that includes individual counseling, group therapy, alcohol/drug testing and medications to assist the recovery process and maintain sobriety
To assist recovery we provide the following services. In order to help you and your family achieve a life of abstinence and balance we provide the following services.
• Psychiatric Evaluation and Treatment
• Women’s Groups/Men’s Groups
• Dual Diagnosis (Mental Illness and Addiction) Treatment Groups
• DWI Treatment for Individuals Arrested for an Impaired Driving Offense
• Relapse Prevention Groups
• Early Recovery Groups
• Long-Term Sobriety Groups
• Adolescent Treatment Services
• ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) Focused Treatment
• Short-Term Couples Counseling
• Opioid Substitution Therapy, Suboxone/Buprenorphine Treatment
• Eating Disorder Treatment
• Family Therapy and Treatment